The CAD software has become an essential tool for footwear designing. The programme permits to realize the models from the stylist’s design, transforms the creative ideas into real products, realizes all the footwear components, provides the automatic cutting the best placements among other functions, develops the footwear sizes and has many other functions, reducing the margin of errors and speeding the design procedures, even at a distance.
Therefore, the footwear Pattern Making professional with skills in the use of CAD is absolutely the most required person in the footwear companies, a key profession with a central role between the creative and production office.
The course is for those who are looking for a specialization in the use of CAD technology. Certified manual pattern making skills are recommended, even at basic level.
- Software analysis and operation for a correct use
- CAD 2D – Introduction and preparation of one’s own work environment
- Illustration of the menu and their organization Digitalization of a simple pattern and perfection
- Creation of the line deriving from the pattern with margins for assembly and symmetries. Extraction of the pattern pieces
- Digitalization of the new pattern and perfection Creation of the line deriving from the pattern with margins for assembly and symmetries
- Application of specific functions Extraction of the pattern pieces. Allocation of the data
- Application of the functions and sub-functions for development
Tools and material provided to students
Live sessions with Fashion professionals, multimedia educational material, lesson recordings, practical exercises, live chat with students, personalized counselling.
Material and tools needed
› Chrome web-browser (Firefox, Safari)
› Microphone (external microphone or headphones with microphone)
› Headphones or headset
› Internet connection (ADSL / 4g / Optical fibre) – [min. band recommended 3 Mb/s]
› Software Romans CAD (provided by Istituto Modartech)
We recommend checking the minimum computer requirements for the installation of the CAD software.
Would you like to know more or book an interview?
Contact us by entering your details in the form. We will get back to you with additional information on the course.