Specialist course, ideally for those who already have skills in pattern making, for the acquisition of specific skills in pattern-making software and for the development and transformation of footwear models. Based on the most advanced technologies and tools for the footwear sector, it provides training for CAD operators working in 2D and 3D design environments.
The course is designed in a series of lessons held on Saturday mornings.
Contacts & Info
Pontedera (Tuscany – Italy) in college class-rooms and laboratories
Saturday morning 09:00 am to 01:00 pm
Italian (English simultaneous interpreter service on demand)
The course is aimed at anyone with basic IT skills. Knowledge of pattern making is recommended.
CAD operator, pattern-making assistant, pattern placement and size developer manager in footwear companies, pattern-making services or as a freelance.
SERVICES, TOOLS AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE TO THE STUDENTS
Reserved web area, Wi-Fi, teaching notes and texts, CAD software, 3D printers. The software, installed on the students’ PCs for the whole duration of the course, is from ROMAN’S CAD suite, world leader in CAD for footwear solutions.
Attendance certificate, with details of the skills acquired.
Tuition fees must be paid in advance. Contact us.
- Analysis of the software and functions for its correct use
- 2D CAD – Introduction and preparing your workstation
- Illustration of the menus and how they are organised. Digitalisation of a simple model and how to perfect it. Creation of lines deriving from the model with assembly margins and symmetries. Extraction of the model pieces
- Digitalisation of a new model and how to perfect it. Creation of lines deriving from the model with assembly margins and symmetries
- Applications of the specific functions. Extraction of the model pieces. Allocation of their data
- Application of development functions and subfunctions
- 3D CAD – Introduction. Analysis of the software and functions for its correct use
- 3D CAD – preparing your workstation
- Importing forms and potential modifications. Creating and processing the 3D model. Application of the various materials
- Transfer of a 3D model to a 2D work environment
Included in the course
- Roman’s CAD professional footwear software suite
- Education materials library
- 3D Printers for accessories