“You only get one chance to make a first impression.” By Ford R. Myers
You have only one chance to make the first good impression! Since your logo or your customer’s is one of the first things that are noticed, we can say with that it must be chosen carefully. It is the business card, which must represent the person or company in a truthful, original and captivating way.
Certainly before the graphics and originality, the main feature of a logo is EFFECTIVENESS, it must be a concentrate of communication that functionally represents the message that the professional or company wants to convey.
It would be an understatement to think that a logo should have only these characteristics; creating a logo involves a series of important choices that focus on color, font, graphic sign, balance etc..
Useful tips to create a professional and successful logo:
- Emphasize the characteristics and nature of the company or product.
- Reward originality and freshness. It is therefore useful to check competitors, so that you can easily distinguish yourself from others.
- Make the logo as recognizable and memorable as possible.
- Choose the simplicity, the essentials and the compactness. Better to avoid complex graphic games, gradients, shadows, reflections, rays of light, etc. Even the choice of the font must follow these rules!
- The logo must adapt to different channels and mediums, in addition to various physical dimensions.
- It is advisable to play with the contrast, both in weight, color and size, to obtain a strong impact.
- Choose the color suitable for the type of company or product to be represented, each color has its own meaning.
- Remember, once you have made the latest changes, to test the logo in black and white, in negative, with other colors and in various sizes, you will be grateful for these tests in the future!