Istituto Modartech: a story of a specialised training supporting creative young people to the most prestigious awards
Istituto Modartech was born from the experience of actors specialised in professional training with the goal of developing a training centre of excellence in support to young people and industry.
From the craftsmanship to art, from technique to technology, each element is integrated in the Institute’s training method. Modartech’s know-how built over time represents a technical-cultural heritage available to students and companies.
The educational, logistic and technological excellence led to the MIUR authorization – Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research – to issue academic degrees within the AFAM field – Higher Education in Art, Music and Dance. A study title equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, in line with international university standards.
Today, Istituto Modartech, besides enclosing its story and activities done in many years of work, represents an important network made of professionals, teachers, students and companies, each one following their own mission mainly characterised by training human resources which have the necessary skills in line with the employment market in specialised sectors. It is ready to face new challenges for the training of the future generations.
From the apparel, footwear and accessories Design, to dressmaking, and traditional and CAD pattern making, over 20 years in communication, graphics, web design and multimedia technology, the Modartech Institute has contributed to the training of thousands of young professionals.
The origins and first developments
“Fashion is Art and Studio” is among the first schools of Apparel Dressmaking in Tuscany.
– Sartorial pattern maker, tailoring and knitwear courses.
– First activities of female students’ job placement in local companies.
First edition of “Modart” – confrontation of Young Stylists which for the last 10 years has promoted the work of its students and the fashion training sector in Tuscany.
The Training Agency and the relationships with the companies
The Training Agency accredited by the Tuscan Region for the planning of professional courses recognised and financed by the European Social Fund.
– Extension of the training offer in the Multimedia Communication, Marketing, CAD Technologies and footwear areas.
– Research and innovation, and technology transfer projects with Tuscan companies in the fashion and communication sector.
– The fisrt cluster of companies named Modartech was born.
– Development of methodologies for the alternation between school-work and stage, as well as training services and corporate consultancy.
The Modartech Institute - the sectoral training polo and its evolution
The foundation of the Modartech Institute was thanks to the strong cooperation with companies and the participation of the Local Administration. A center for the training in fashion, art and applied technology, where all the activities and experience in thirty years of work converge for the creation of a specialised and sectorial training polo.
Lectra System recognizes the Privilege Partnership to the Institute together with other 15 institutes in the world.
The iMod Designer project comes to life in partnership with Designer Leo Novi, Shoes Planet and Veronica Solivellas for the development in the Footwear and accesssories sector.
– International collaboration expansion with foreign training institutes and companies.
– Student exchange and new agreements to provide instruments and last generation technology. -New partnership with companies and institutions to develop research and innovation projects in the fashion and communication areas.
Participation of the students at the Contest & Award Internazionali
Implementation of a Technical Scientific Committee composed of experts, professionals and companies operating in the fashion and communication sectors.
The “Le professioni della Moda” (The professions of fashion) meeting: first annual appointment, a moment for students and professionals of the Made in Italy, to talk about the job market scenery.
– Inclusion in the Fashion Training System Platform, association which brought together the 20 main training institutes, academies and Italian universities.
– Development of the Modartech Lab, the creative laboratory for companies, districts, start-ups and professionals of the sector.
– Modartech Works is born, the permanent job placement service of the Modartech Institute. It matches the profiles requested by the companies with the abilities of the students and ex-students.
– Development of a privileged showcase for the students: the Modartech Fashion Show, end of academic year event where the fashion and communication interdisciplinary projects are presented in partnership with institutions and companies.
– Presentation of the project “Fashion Forward – Waiting for Robotics Atelier” in collaboration with the Institute of BioRobotica of the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna.
– Participation at Expo 2015 – Valdera Expo, international excellence Tuscan showcase.
– Participation at the Milano Moda Graduate, event promoted by the Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana, in collaboration with the Triennale of Milan and Fashion Training System Platform.
– Creation of the PRO.MO Professione Moda – Professional Technical Polo for the development of training and occupational projects in the tannery, footwear, leather clothing in the Tuscan Region.
– Development of visibility projects of the students in the broadcasting area (RAI 2, Italia 7).
– Modartech’s new headquarters inside the Urban Park of Culture and Innovation of Pontedera.
– Sinergies and projects for the development of the Design and Fashion, Communication, and Technological Innovation sector
– Promoters of Creactivity, the international showcase dedicated to design, as coordinator of the Fashion area.
– Presentation of the project “Vespa Style” in collaboration with Vespa – Piaggio Group.
– Modartech’s student certification to the Lectra 3D solution.
– Winners of the Poste Italiane Contest for the design of the new uniforms of 33.000 postmen
– Modartech Alumni is created, the community of professionists which were trained in Modartech’s laboratories
– Presentation of the “Sustainable Vision” project.
– Collaboration in the theatre project “Cavalleria rusticana” of the 11Lune exposition and “Il Canto della Terra” show of the Teatro del Silenzio
Modartech Institute - a higher educational training centre
– Modartech Institute receives the highest acknowledgment from MIUR with the authorization to issue first level academic degrees within the AFAM field – Higher Education in Art, Music and Dance. The first course to receive this study title is the three-year course in Fashion Design.
The collaboration with institutions, companies, excellences of the territory – the Institute of Bio robotics of the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, the Piaggio Foundation, the G. Gronchi Library – led to the creation of a Training Centre for Creative Disciplines at Pontedera, a reference point in design, cultural, innovation and research area.