The value of the ethical fashion
The Fashion world represents a highly dynamic and competitive field where the consumers’ taste is always more sophisticated, changeable, but also more conscientious. They look for values not only in the price-quality ratio, but in identifying themselves with the brand in its wholeness. Among the most significative trends, sustainability represents an irreplaceable value.
Environmental impact, zero km supply chain, responsibility, ethics, become integrating elements in the “value proposition” of a company. New languages and forms of expression are needed and, above all, the introduction of new actions that continuously englobe values through time, connecting all the actors of the fashion chain in a common effort of doing and sustainable.
The goal of the course is to provide the knowledge and the instruments to take up this challenge and opportunity, discovering the best practices, circular systems and chains, identifying the design practices of the sustainable fashion, developing a critical and responsible conscious at social and environmental level.
This course is thought for all of those that want to approach a new vision of design, delving into sustainable fashion design. Starting from the basics, it prepares those that are approaching fashion and represents a new interpreting key and inspiration for those that already work in the fashion sector. To innovate, stimulate and reinvent the fashion industry in the sign of sustainability, with an eye to the future of responsible innovation.
- Concept of sustainable design fashion
- Terminology: ethical fashion, slow fashion, greenwashing, circular fashion, upcycling, cruelty free
- 7R Model
- Best practices: case history and business models of the most innovative, sustainable, and responsible fashion brands
- Circular systems, territorial chains, materials, and life cycles of a fashion product
- Trends: challenges and opportunities
- Sustainable design thinking: ideas, creativity and sustainable projectuality
Tools and material provided to students
Live sessions with Fashion professionals, multimedia educational material, practical exercises, live chat with students, personalized counselling.
Duration: 2 weeks
Timetable: Tue and Thu | 4pm-6pm
Start date: September
Basic – intermediate
Attendance certificate, with accreditation of acquired skills.
Material and tools needed
- Internet connection (ADSL / 4g / Optical fibre) – [min. band recommended 3 Mb/s]
- Block notes and pen
Contact us by entering your details in the form.