The use of CAD technology is by now a fundamental element in the clothing designing. The programme permits to realize the models, develop the clothing sizes, and has many other functions, reducing the margin of errors and speeding the design procedures, even at a distance.
This is why the Clothing Pattern Making professional with skills in the use of CAD is absolutely the most required person in the fashion companies, a key profession that permits to translate the designer’s ideas into concrete products, a central role between creative and production office.
The course is thought for all of those that want to specialize in the use of CAD technology for the creation of clothing patterns and their industrialization. It is necessary to have proven skills of traditional pattern making and familiarity with the computer.
- The CAD technology: CAD in the industrial context
- Creation of one’s own workstation
- Industrialization of the patterns: seam allowance, notches, and holes
- Speed up keys and use of the most common lines/forms
- Pattern symmetry function
- Modification of the basis and saving
- Survey of the many pieces that are part of the pattern model: extraction
- Control of pattern model, assembly functions
- Creation of a variant for automatic cloth sizing
- Establishing a cutting plan and main functions of clothing size development
Tools and material provided to students
Live sessions with Fashion professionals, multimedia educational material, lesson recordings, practical exercises, live chat with students, personalized counselling.
Material and tools needed
› Chrome web-browser (Firefox, Safari)
› Microphone (external microphone or headphones with microphone)
› Headphones or headset
› Internet connection (ADSL / 4g / Optical fibre) – [min. band recommended 3 Mb/s]
› Software CAD Lectra Modaris (provided by Istituto Modartech)*
*We recommend checking the minimum computer requirements for the installation of the CAD software.
Would you like to know more or book an interview?
Contact us by entering your details in the form. We will get back to you with additional information on the course.