How to become a shoe designer mastering digital illustration softwares
The use of CAD technology is by now a fundamental element in the clothing designing. The programme permits to realize the models, develop the clothing sizes, and has many other functions, reducing the margin of errors and speeding the design procedures, even at a distance.
This is why the Clothing Pattern Making professional with skills in the use of CAD is absolutely the most required person in the fashion companies, a key profession that permits to translate the designer’s ideas into concrete products, a central role between creative and production office.
The course is thought for all of those that want to specialize in the use of CAD technology for the creation of clothing patterns and their industrialization. It is necessary to have proven skills of traditional pattern making and familiarity with the computer.
- The CAD technology: CAD in the industrial context
- Creation of one’s own workstation
- Industrialization of the patterns: seam allowance, notches, and holes
- Speed up keys and use of the most common lines/forms
- Pattern symmetry function
- Modification of the basis and saving
- Survey of the many pieces that are part of the pattern model: extraction
- Control of pattern model, assembly functions
- Creation of a variant for automatic cloth sizing
- Establishing a cutting plan and main functions of clothing size development
Tools and material provided to students
Live sessions with Fashion professionals, multimedia educational material, practical exercises, live chat with students, personalized counselling.
Duration: 4 weeks
Timetable: Twice a week
Start date: September 2022
Attendance certificate, with accreditation of acquired skills.
(possibility of earning 1 university credit)
Material and tools needed
- Internet connection (ADSL / 4g / Optical fibre) – [min. band recommended 3 Mb/s]
- Software CAD Lectra Modaris (provided by Istituto Modartech)*
*We recommend checking the minimum computer requirements for the installation of the CAD software.
Contact us by entering your details in the form.